The Museum is seeking flexible and enthusiastic individuals to facilitate our popular children’s birthday party programs.
This position is responsible for facilitating weekend birthday parties for children ages 3-7. Teachers lead craft and story time activities, coordinate with parents, and collect payments due. Parties take place on Saturdays and Sundays during the day, with the option for materials prep on Friday afternoons. This position also supports the Education Department in other areas as needed.
The position is 3.5-12 hours/week mid-September 2018 to late June 2019.
- Must be 18 years or older
- Experience working with groups of children ages 3-7 in an educational setting such as camp, museum education, after-school care, etc.
- Ability to work successfully as a member of a team
- Demonstrated ability to accomplish tasks independently
- Excellent communication skills with both children and adults from different backgrounds
- Ability to handle unexpected situations calmly and professionally
Optional Qualifications Include:
- Course work and/or a Bachelor’s Degree or higher in education, recreation, museum studies, or related field
- Knowledge of or interest in architecture, design, engineering, and the built environment
The Birthday Party Teacher position can also be worked in conjunction with the Museum Teacher: School Programs position. If interested in being considered for both positions, please indicate your interest in your cover letter.
This is a non-exempt/non-benefited position. Send cover letter, resume, and availability to work (Attn: Birthday Party Teacher Position) to email@example.com. Applications will be evaluated on a rolling basis from then through the remainder of the school year. No phone calls, please.