The Museum is accepting volunteer applications May 1-May 17 for the following positions:
• Information Desk: Volunteers welcome visitors to the museum, answer a range of questions about the institution and its historic home, and set the tone for the visitor experience.
• Museum Shop: Volunteers are asked to work two shifts each month and schedule themselves one month in advance. Duties include: helping customers select merchandise, ringing up customers’ purchases, straightening displays, and other small tasks as needed.
• Docent/Tour Guide: Volunteer docents educate visitors about the Pension Building and Museum exhibitions. After completing comprehensive training, docents provide building and exhibition tours to groups of all ages.
• Education Program Facilitator: Volunteers facilitate hands-on experiences developed by members of the education department.
• Program Registration and Membership: Public Program volunteers greet attendees, process registrations, take payment, and answer questions. Membership volunteers also support lectures and special programs by responding to member’s questions and promoting membership to the museum.
Questions? Contact Kristen Sheldon, volunteer & intern manager at firstname.lastname@example.org.