The National Building Museum seeks customer service oriented and team player focused individuals to serve as part time Visitor Services Representatives. This position provides the daily monitoring and care of the Museum’s exhibitions while interacting with the public to ensure a high quality visitor experience. The positions are part time, hourly paid, and seasonal. Currently we are hiring for part time positions for May 1 – September 4, 2018 with the option to extend based on performance and exhibition schedule needs.
- Serve as the primary communication channel between the National Building Museum, Museum members, and the general public.
- Ensure that visitors have positive and education experience at the National Building Museum. Engage with visitors by answering questions about the National Building Museum and individual exhibitions.
- Work in a variety of locations including the exhibition galleries, the information desk, and the admission desk.
- Provide security within Museum exhibitions. Monitor the safety of Museum objects and Museum visitors. Complete daily opening and closing procedures as outlined by Visitor Services Managers.
- A background, or demonstrated interest, in a Museum environment, the building arts or museum studies is desired.
- Applicants should be reliable, flexible and personable; possess strong communication and interpersonal skills.
- Preferred characteristics: creative, self-starter, problem solver, team player.
Send cover letter and resume (Attn: Visitor Services Representative) to firstname.lastname@example.org. No phone calls, please. Applications reviewed on an ongoing, as needed basis. High School diploma required. Weekend, evening, and holiday work required.