The National Building Museum seeks a Foundation Giving Officer to manage the identification, research, cultivation, solicitation, stewardship, reporting, and documentation of foundation and government agency donors and prospects.
A crucial group of Museum stakeholders, foundation, and government donors support Museum exhibitions, education programs, general operating support, and other projects. This position reports to the vice president of development and works closely with Museum exhibitions, education, and finance staffs. Specific responsibilities and functions include:
- Develop and sustain a broad portfolio of foundation and government agency donors
- Manage deadlines for foundation and government grants and solicit grants, producing letters of inquiry, grant proposals, and budgets
- Communicate the Museum’s activities creatively and persuasively, in writing and orally
- Research and qualify prospective donors
- Create and manage stewardship plans for foundation and government donors
- Write acknowledgement letters, interim and final narrative and financial reports, and other relevant correspondence
- Ensure compliance with grant requirements and meet donor expectations
- Develop close working relationships with Museum leadership and staff to maximize grant opportunities and fulfill donor expectations
We require a bachelor’s degree and at least three years of fundraising/grant-writing experience or similar. The successful candidate will be a self-starter with a demonstrated track record in working with foundation and government donors; writing creatively and speaking persuasively; meeting deadlines and income goals; proven attention to detail; and emerging leadership skills.
Proficiency in Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and fundraising and/or CRM database experience. Interest in architecture, urban planning, design, or other fields related to the Museum’s disciplines preferred. Some evening and weekend hours required. Nontraditional candidates seeking flexible work hours and/or reentering the workplace are encouraged to apply.
To apply, please submit a cover letter, resume, and writing sample to email@example.com. Incomplete submissions will not be reviewed. No phone calls, please. Apply by May 15.