Under the supervision of the Director of Development Operations & Events (DDOE), this position provides administrative support for the Museum’s donor programs. Museum donors include individuals, corporations, associations, foundations, and government agencies, who contribute to the Museum’s mission, exhibitions, education programs, and special projects. The Development Coordinator works closely with the Museum’s frontline fundraisers to provide excellent stewardship, benefit fulfillment, and outstanding customer service.
Responsibilities and Functions
- Update and manage donor records to ensure maximum accuracy and level of detail; work with development officers to ensure that information is being captured in Donor Perfect via business card and prospect entry.
- Coordinate and/or generate all donor acknowledgements, including: exhibition support, education support, annual fund support, and special cases of individual members. Duties include generating lists, refreshing templates as needed, drafting weekly letters, assembling packets, mailing, and database contact record entry.
- Support the general office operations for the department, including ordering office supplies as needed, completing expense reports, and printing and maintaining donor materials inventory.
- Ensure that donors are acknowledged appropriately in Museum printed and online materials, including signage, and coordinate with Museum departments to ensure fulfillment of Museum commitments to donors.
- Support the preparation of department correspondence, including pledge confirmations, special appeals, and invoices.
- Track and prepare audit related materials each year, including acknowledgements, proof of pledges, and signed agreements.
- Manage the password reset and subscriptions to grant websites.
- Assist with staff breaks for receptionist weekly as needed.
Membership and Annual Fund
- Support the individual giving team in generating membership and annual fund renewals, acquisition appeals, and other mailings.
- Assist with new and lapsed member email appeals and communications.
- Assist the individual giving team in coordinating membership and annual fund stewardship activities such as tours and receptions, ensuring fulfillment of benefits at all levels of membership.
- Assist with general membership inquiries via phone, email, and in person.
- Manage member communications via email and web site.
- Track and maintain inventory of membership supplies.
- Provide support for the Capital Society and Capital Council for the Built Environment by issuing renewal emails, event registration, and other correspondence as needed.
- Assist with the preparation of grant proposals, reports, and other solicitations.
- Assist with the research, cultivation, and stewardship of institutional donors and prospects.
- Coordinate the fulfillment of sponsorship benefits for exhibition, education, and other programs. Effectively communicate with departments across the museum to ensure optimal stewardship of sponsorship gifts.
- Using InDesign, update pitch sheets and donor materials as needed.
- Assist with events such as receptions, dinners, festivals, exhibition openings, member preview days, galas, annual planned giving recognition event, etc. (occasional evening and weekend duty).
- Provide other administrative support as needed.
- Participate as a staff member of the Development Department, including participating in regular meetings, following all departmental procedures, and assisting others with department priorities
General Qualification Requirements
Bachelor’s degree and experience working in an office environment required. Development and nonprofit experience preferred. Proficient in Microsoft Word, Excel, and PowerPoint. Experience with fundraising databases highly desired. Demonstrated attention to detail with an ability to meet deadlines and prioritize multiple tasks. Excellent writing and interpersonal skills a must. Flexible, professional, friendly manner. Ability to work occasional evenings and weekends. Send cover letter, resume, and salary requirements to firstname.lastname@example.org (include job title in subject line).