The Project Assistant supports the Design Apprenticeship Program, the Museum’s design build program for youth ages 13 – 18. The Design Apprenticeship Program is an in-depth, hands-on opportunity for local teens to collaboratively work on projects from conception to fabrication. The Project Assistant for the fall session will work with the Education Program Coordinator and oversee two teams of students and adult volunteer instructors, acting as project manager. Other duties include assisting with program logistics and administrative tasks, classroom maintenance, implementing program curriculum, and facilitating construction.
The position commitment includes 8–10 hours per week; about 2 hours on Fridays for planning and set up (time varies) and Saturdays (9 am–4 pm).
- Experience working with middle and/or high school students
- Enthusiasm for working in an urban environment with a diverse group of 13 – 18 year old students
- Excellent interpersonal and oral communication skills
- Ability to work well in a team environment
- Experience with project management
- Degree or experience in at least one of the following: architecture, city planning, the design process, design education, the built environment, art, and/or museum education, or museum studies
- Experience with workshop tools, power tools, or photography a plus.
This part-time position lasts from September 14, 2018 – November 30, 2018, which covers training and program wrap-up. This is a non-exempt/non-benefitted position. Send cover letter, resume, and two references (Attn: Design Apprenticeship Program Project Assistant) to email@example.com
Deadline for applications is August 24, 2018. No phone calls, please.