The Museum is searching for a candidate with demonstrated success in helping to build & maintain professional relationships, who can support multiple demands in a fast-moving environment and who can be nimble enough to navigate between supporting programs and special projects to providing general administrative assistance. The Corporate and Foundation Giving Coordinator is supervised by the Senior Foundation Giving Officer and supports the cultivation, acquisition and stewardship of corporate, foundation, and government donors and partners of the Museum. This role also provides general administrative assistance to the Institutional Giving team, including the Vice President of Development.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
Fundraising & Cultivation
- Support and fulfill benefits for the Capital Society, the Museum’s corporate membership program:
- Implement benefits and provide customer service to members
- Ensure member renewal
- Support promotion of the program and new member acquisition
- Serve as a relationship manager for members in the $1,000 to $5,000 range
- Assist with the preparation of grant proposals and other foundation solicitations, including gathering documents and financials to support applications
- Support the Vice President of Development in cultivating and stewarding D.C. government representatives, including direct contact with D.C. Council offices for events such as Ward Days
- Support Museum staff in preparing for meetings with corporate and foundation prospects and donors by conducting research, drafting donor briefings, and assembling information packets
- As needed, attend donor meetings and assist with follow-up actions
This position has special responsibility for ensuring that the Museum fulfills its obligations regarding foundation grants, sponsorship benefits, and reporting requirements.
- Write acknowledgement letters and other routine correspondence to institutional donors
- Assist with pledge collection and preparation of invoices
- Working with the Foundation Giving Officer, draft select foundation reports
Moves Management and Research
- Support daily implementation of contact record system to support moves management
- Assist with prospect research, donor/prospect profiles, and prospect lists
- Support the maintenance and quality of institutional donor/prospect records in the donor database
- Support the Vice President of Development and Institutional Giving team by scheduling meetings, drafting meeting agendas, making reservations and travel arrangements, and providing other administrative support as needed
- In coordination with the Development Events Coordinator, assist with donor events, such as receptions, dinners, festivals, exhibition openings, galas, etc.
- Participate as a staff member of the Development department, including attending regular meetings, following all departmental procedures, and assisting others with department priorities
- Represent the development department at interdepartmental meetings and other contexts within the Museum with flexibility, collegiality, and professionalism
- Support the overall objectives of the National Building Museum and act as an ambassador for the institution
- Perform other duties as assigned.
Qualifications and Requirements
Specific requirements include:
- Bachelor’s degree
- Experience working in an office environment required
- Development and/or nonprofit experience preferred
- Proficient in Microsoft Word, Excel, and PowerPoint
- Demonstrated attention to detail with an ability to meet deadlines and prioritize multiple tasks.
- Excellent writing and interpersonal skills a must
- Flexible, professional, friendly manner
- Ability to work evenings and weekends
- While largely sedentary, this position requires the ability to sit, stand, and lift up to 20 lbs; and to speak and hear, sometimes for extended periods of time.
- Requires the ability to use a computer and office equipment traditionally found in office settings.
The National Building Museum offers competitive salary and benefits including a 403(b) with employer match, free parking, and is directly across the street from the Judiciary Square metro stop.
- Submit cover letter, resume and salary requirements to: firstname.lastname@example.org.
- When submitting your application via email, please title the subject line “NBM Corp and Foundation Coordinator”
- Please title attachments using the following format: “last name, first initial_document name NBM” (ex: Doe, J_Resume NBM)