Corporate and Association Membership
Uniquely dedicated to serving a key U.S. economic sector, the National Building Museum is the only institution of its kind supporting professionals and organizations in the built environment. Located just steps from the National Mall, the Museum promotes dialogue across disciplines as varied as architecture, construction, landscape architecture, real estate, engineering, building materials, and interior design.
We invite you to be a part of the conversation by joining the Capital Society.
With levels ranging from $1,000 to $15,000 and above, as well as an out-of-town supporter level for organizations without a D.C. office, the Capital Society offers valuable benefits for every institution:
- Meet industry leaders at exclusive networking events throughout the year
- Enjoy behind-the-scenes tours and private events
- Access meeting spaces in the Museum’s historic building
- Take advantage of complimentary access to talks and adult programs
- Earn professional continuing education credits from GBCI, AIA, and ASLA at Museum programs
- Get a member discount at the award-winning Museum Shop, Washington’s best-known design boutique
- Benefit from exposure for your company’s brand with extensive recognition opportunities on Museum marketing materials
At the highest level, the Capital Council for the Built Environment serves as a forum for strategic, interdisciplinary leadership, convening members at least three times each year to discuss topics related to industry trends and issues.
The Capital Society
All Capital Society members receive:
- Invitations to opening receptions, the Corinthian Holiday Party, and special events
- Recognition in Museum publications
- Subscription to the Museum’s Calendar of Events for up to 3 contacts
- Volunteer opportunities
- Museum presentation at your office or via conference call
- Participation in Council meetings, off-site events, and conference calls
- One waived rental fee for the auditorium†
- Direct access to the executive director
- Join the executive director in welcoming VIP speakers at premier public programs
- 2 invitations to the Vincent Scully Prize lecture and dinner
- Recognition on the Museum’s web site in Profiles in Philanthropy
- Private tour of the Museum’s collections
- 25 program passes
- 25 guest passes
In addition to starred benefits at the Patron, Contributor, and Fellow levels.
- One waived rental fee for the Pension Commissioner’s Suite*†
- 2 invitations to attend dinner with the Museum’s executive director and a visiting, high-profile speaker*
- 2 invitations to the Henry C. Turner Prize lecture and dinner*
- Complimentary parking in the Museum’s private lot on evenings and weekends*
- One company day for employees, with admission for each company employee and two guests*
- Private, curator-led tour of an exhibition*
- 20% discount in the Museum Shop*
- 20 program passes
- 20 guest passes
In addition to starred benefits at the Contributor and Fellow levels.
- Free admission to Museum exhibitions, reduced admission fees on select special exhibitions and events, and member discount on program registration for all company employees*
- One waived rental fee for the Beverly Willis Library*†
- Admission for 2 to special Museum symposia*
- $30 discount on Family memberships for company employees*
- Listing on the Honor Roll of Donors panel in the Museum’s Great Hall*
- Private, docent-led tour of a Museum exhibition*
- 15 program passes
- 15 guest passes
In addition to starred benefits at the Fellow and Friend levels.
For organizations without a D.C. office
- Recognition and link on the Museum’s web site in Profiles in Philanthropy and one issue of the Museum’s email newsletter, National Building Museum Online
- Listing on the Honor Roll of Donors panel in the Museum’s Great Hall
- Recognition in the Museum’s annual report
- One waived rental fee for the Pension Commissioner’s Suite†
- 2 invitations to the Henry C. Turner Prize lecture and dinner
- 20 guest passes
- 20 one-year passes for free admission to Museum exhibitions, reduced admission fees on select special exhibitions and events, and member discount on program registration
- Use of the Museum’s exclusive Corinthian Lounge*†
- 2 invitations to exclusive behind-the-scenes tours of premier architectural sites*
- Docent-led tour of the Museum’s landmark home*
- 10 program passes
- 10 guest passes
In addition to the starred benefit at the Friend level.
- 10 one-year passes for free admission to Museum exhibitions, reduced admission fees on select special exhibitions and events, and member discount on program registration
- 10% discount in the Museum Shop*
- 5 program passes
- 5 guest passes
†Subject to availability and associated costs
Email email@example.com to learn more about corporate and association membership at the National Building Museum.
The National Building Museum is a nonprofit organization certified 501(c)(3) by the Internal Revenue Service. Contributions are tax-deductible to the maximum allowable extent of the law. The Museum's tax identification number is 52-1050999. To obtain a copy of the organization's most recent audited financial statement or other financial information, please call 202.272.2448.