Discover Engineering Family Day
Become an engineer for a day!
Saturday, February 27, 2016
10 am–4:30 pm, FREE
Every February, the National Building Museum and DiscoverE invite you to debunk the myths of engineering and discover how professional engineers turn ideas into reality. Celebrate Engineers Week, February 21 - 27, by participating in this free, hands-on, and fun-filled festival. Explore thermodynamics, electricity, aerodynamics, and more with engineers at more than 25 activities and demonstrations made especially for kids.
Discover Engineering Family Day is a FREE, drop-in program. $5 donation suggested. Program and activities are most appropriate for children ages 6 to 12 with adult supervision. Registration is not required.
At least year's Discover Engineering Family Day, visitors:
- MET a test pilot, an astronaut, and engineers galore!
- MADE slime!
- DISSECTED household devices!
- CATAPAULTED a Ping Pong ball!
- TESTED paper airplanes in a wind tunnel!
What will you engineering this year?
Activities at the Festival may assist Scouts in fulfilling some requirements for the following Badges:
- Tiger Cub Scouts: Make a Model
- Wolf Cub Scouts: Family Fun, Spare-Time Fun, and Machine Power
- Bear Cub Scouts: Family Fun, Build-a-Model, and Aircraft
- WEBELOS: Craftsman, Engineer, and Scientist
- Boy Scouts: Engineering
- Brownie Girl Scouts: Building Art, Science in Action, Listening to the Past
- Junior Girl Scouts: Aerospace, Science Discovery, Discovering Technology, Sky Search, Careers
Visit the Discover Engineering Family Day website to learn more about the festival.