May 27, 2013 - September 2, 2013
Mini Golf is now closed.
|Watch highlights from the 2012 Mini Golf course.|
Last summer, the National Building Museum brought back its popular indoor Mini Golf exhibition. The expanded attraction featured two nine-hole course options, with all new holes designed and built by leading Washington-area architects, landscape architects, and contractors. The courses explored the architects’ and designers’ ideas for “Building the Future,” with twists and turns to challenge golfers young and old. Play these unique courses, designed for ages 4 and up, in air-conditioned comfort during Museum hours from Memorial Day to Labor Day.
Check the conditions and get the lay of the land before playing a round.
Original Mini-Golf Holes Designed by Area Professionals
The Museum invited firms and individuals to sponsor, design, and construct a hole with the theme of “Building the Future.” Many participants have formed teams with other building industry professionals to make their hole as dynamic as possible. The Museum will present a Best in Show award, determined by a jury of design experts, and players will vote for the People’s Choice award.
Mini-Golf Sponsors, Designers, and Builders
- Sponsors: Capitol Riverfront Business Improvement District and The Yards; Designer: Shalom Baranes Associates; Builder: Winmar Construction; Additional contributors: ABC Imaging, Herip Associates, Forest City Washington, Interface Multimedia, and Ken Foran
- Sponsor: IEEE-USA; Designer: Inscape Publico; Builder: Glass Construction
- Sponsor: Linder & Associates Event Architects; Designer and Builder: District Design
- Sponsor, Designer, and Builder: STUDIOS Architecture; Additional contributors: Interface, Alliance Lighting, and 3form
- Sponsor and Designer: Wiencek + Associates Architects + Planners; Builder: Hamel Builders
- Sponsor: The Vinyl Institute; Designers and Builders: Hixon Design Consultants and Parker Rodriguez
- Sponsors: American Society of Interior Designers and Teknion; Designer: Determined by Design; Builder: DAVIS Construction
- Sponsor: American Society of Landscape Architects; Designer and Builder: Jason Granado, lead, with Jaeeun Cho, Brian Green, James Hanger, and John Whilden of the Virginia Tech Washington-Alexandria Architecture Center
- Sponsors: Atmosphere Lighting, Occasions Caterers, and Perfect Settings; Designer and Builder: Design Foundry
- Sponsor and Designer: Bonstra | Haresign ARCHITECTS LLP; Builder: Monarc Construction; Additional contributors: ABC Imaging and Interface.
- Sponsor, Designer, and Builder: Clark Construction Group, LLC
- Sponsor: Evonik Cyro; Designer: KUBE Architecture; Builders: Madden Corporation and Mersoa Woodwork & Design LLC
- Sponsor, Designer, and Builder: Hargrove, Inc.
- Sponsor: The JBG Companies; Designer: Landscape Architecture Bureau; Builder: Harkins Builders
- Sponsors: Mount Vernon Triangle CID and Steuart Investment Co.; Designer: E/L Studio; Builder: Think Make Build, FLOR, and Independent Custom Metalworks
- Sponsor, Designer, and Builder: Rippeteau Architects, PC
- Sponsor, Designer, and Builder: Smolen Emr Ilkovitch Architects
- Sponsor, Designer, and Builder: Skidmore, Owings & Merrill LLP; Additional Sponsor: Zebra Imaging; Additional Builder: Students from the Catholic University School of Architecture