Nancy Sanger Pallesen
Nancy Sanger Pallesen has been the executive director of the Arlington Free Clinic (AFC) since its inception in 1993. While with AFC, she founded and chairs the Arlington Health Providers group that meets regularly to address health gaps in the Arlington safety net; she co-founded and currently serves as chair of the Northern Virginia Health Services Coalition, a group of safety-net medical providers that identifies health care access issues in the region. Prior to joining the Arlington Free Clinic, she held leadership positions with two telecommunications companies and a national health insurance company.
Nancy's previous volunteer experience includes:
• Member, Community Council for WAMU American University's Public Radio station from 2006–2011
• Vice Chair, Board of Directors, National Association of Free Clinics
• Chair, Commonwealth Circle and Member, Northern Virginia Alliance League—two local charitable organizations
• President, Junior League of Northern Virginia
• Washingtonian of the Year 2011
• Junior League of Northern Virginia Mary Harriman Award 2010
• Person of Vision Award from the Arlington Commission on the Status of Women 2004
• Arlington Community Hero Award 1999
The National Building Museum provides biographies of speakers, program participants, and exhibition subjects. Learn more about our programs and lectures.