Trouble Viewing Video
National Building Museum videos are hosted on Vimeo and YouTube. Many video files are large and you will need a fast internet connection in order to view them without interruption. Also, allow videos to buffer before playing to reduce interruptions.
Vimeo states its system requirements as follows: "Vimeo requires a fairly fast internet connection and computer to load and view videos. Any computer made within the last three years should work fine on Vimeo, but there will always be times when you may experience difficulties loading and playing videos." Find Vimeo support.
YouTube system requirements are as follows:
- Macromedia Flash Player 7.0+ plug-in
- Windows 2000 or higher with latest updates installed
- Mac OS X 10.3 or higher
- Firefox 1.1+, Internet Explorer 5.0+ or Safari 1.0+
- Broadband connection with 500+ Kbps
If you're having trouble watching streaming videos, please make sure that you have a plug-in installed on your computer. Someof the videos listed in our search results are flash videos and require the Abode Flash Player plugin. You can install the Abode Flash plugin by visiting http://www.adobe.com/shockwave/download/alternates/.
- From the "Tools" menu, select "Internet Options."
- From the "Security" tab, click "Custom Level."
- Scroll down to the "Scripting" section and enable "Active scripting."
- Click "OK" twice to exit "Internet Options."
- Close all browser windows and relaunch a new browser window.
- From the "Tools" menu, select "Options."
- We also recommend checking the "Load images automatically" check box.
- Click "OK."